Perranzabuloe Neighbourhood Development Plan
Communications Meeting Notes
2ndMay 2018 – Nick Joy
- Location: Tyewarnhayle 7:30pm
Nick Joy, Chris Ashby-Zwozdiak, Roger Kayes, Kevin Havill,
Sue Dutson, Angela Maynard, and Steve Adams
- This was an impromptu meeting shared with the Environment and Heritage Focus Group. After their agenda we discussed the initial flyer progress was discussed.
- I had spoken to a couple of printers to obtain quotes and to determine what could be achieved and in what lead-time. I went through these costs with the group along with the options. These can be found appended below.
- After receiving inputs from the FG leaders, a draft flyer was put together during last week. This was presented to the group for discussion. It was considered very informative, but ‘Dry’ in the sense it would not attract attention and would likely be placed into the bin when posted to households. The flyer was an A4 double-sided print folded into A5.
- It was decided that a larger flyer was necessary. Either A3 folded to A5 or an A5 booklet. The A3 option was preferred as it was a better format allowing more space in the centre, for the same cost as A3. A3 folded to A4 is twice the printing cost of A4 folded to A5. However, it was considered that the increase of about £200 to £400 was worthwhile.
- Space will be needed for the Post office for addresses. The exact space required is to be confirmed, however it is believed to be a page for delivery address and a page for a return address.
During a discussion it was considered less than 5% would return their slip by post, but it was necessary to give people this option so we must provide a means. This would be FREEPOST.
- A FREEPOST account would need to be set up (£116 for the first year and £65 for subsequent years). Since we will be sending out a survey this too may require a freepost return system so having an account is a good thing. The cost of each return is 38p. Estimated returns and costs are below.
- The delivery method was also discussed. Posting to every household in the parish would cost £1658 2ndclass (but how they are stamped/franked has not been determined. A breakdown of the cost/ward is below. Perranporth, being densely populated and the majority of the populous could be done by hand saving around £1000. This might also give an opportunity for door knocking and discussion.
- Another delivery method was a leaflet drop by the post office. This does not require a delivery address space on the flyer. This method would deliver to every house and business, by postcode area. However, the postcode areas overlap significantly with other parishes.
Example: Perranzabuloe has 2859 houses (not including businesses).
If their postcodes were used (e.g. TR4 9, TR5 0 etc) this would reach
11, 616 premises. This is probably not acceptable, and would require significantly more flyers to be printed, which would not be economical.
A combination could be an option. The Perranporth ward is 1886 houses (not businesses) and all are under the TR6 0xx postcode. Postage costs for these would be £1094. However, a leaflet drop would cost £500 (minimum charge for up to 7000 leaflets), and would cover this area only and reach businesses under this postcode.
Thus, a combination could be used:
Hand deliver Perranporth £0
Leaflet drop Perranporth £500
Post the remaining parish houses £564
(As opposed to posting to all houses £1658)
- The promoting of the NDP was also discussed. It was thought that the leaflet posting needs to be combined with poster campaign, Consultation’s, Website survey in place beforehand (for online returns), drop boxes placed around the parish in preparation, etc. All of which may delay the delivery date.
It was also thought that the Focus groups have reached a point where they cannot move forward now without a public information campaign.
Thus, the leaflet and supporting actions are now a priority for the NDP.
- The flyer will be redesigned using a graphic artist. ACTION-NJ
- It requires page space for delivery and return address ACTION-NJ
- A3 double sized colour is preferred, folded A4 by the printer (maybe folded further to A5 by volunteers)
- Delivery method(s) and costs to be debated by SG meeting.
- Delivery time
|Flyer Print Costs|
|Company||Print Run||Total Cost||Print A4||Print A3||Arrangement||+Design||+Postage||Freepost|
|Boscawen (Pro rata Est.)||3000||£379.00||£279.00||£100.00||£250.00||£1,432.20||£0.38|
|Parish Magazine Printing||3000||£235.00||£195.00||£40.00||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Parish Magazine Printing||6000||£430.00||£390.00||£40.00||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Parish Magazine Printing||3000||£430.00||£390.00||£40.00||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Freepost return @ 38p 2nd Class|
|Postage Costs||1st @ 67p||2nd @ 58p||Leaflet||5%||10%||15%|
|Goonhaven||483||£323.61||£280.14||for up to||£9.18||£18.35||£27.53|