Latest News

2018-09-19 Meeting Minutes

Perranzabuloe Neighbourhood Development  Plan

Steering Group Meeting – Minutes

Wednesday 19th September 2018

UNAPPROVED

1. Attendance and Apologies

Apologies received from Phil Moore & Karen Colam,.  Ten people attended including seven members of the Steering Group (listed in Appendix 1).

RJ explained the rationale of the proposed NDP for the new attendees

2. Approval of Minutes of Meeting dated 22nd April 2018

Proposed by Rory Jenkins (RJ), seconded by Kevin Havill and approved unanimously.

3. Matters arising

RJ is to set up the new NDP hotline for contacting the NDP by the general public.

Linda Boylam has requested to become actively involved with the SG.  This was welcomed by the SG.

4. Communications update

Nick Joy has resigned his post as Communications Chairman.  Will Rogers is at present continuing the work started by him.  A ‘changeover’ meeting was held between Nick and Will on Monday 17th September.

The first flyer is expected to have its design significantly completed by Mid October, such that it can be approved by the Steering Group meeting on Tuesday 16th October.

It has been agreed to secure the services of Jeff Muir as professional designer to assist in the design, and production of the flyer.

The flyer will be distributed by early November

Public meetings will be held in Perranporth, Goonhavern, and the Blackwater area during the later part of November.

A budget of £4,000 for the flyer was approved by the SG, ie significantly more than the costing originally estimated earlier.  Costing breakdowns together with a provisional  task list,  are included in Appendix 2.

5. Reports from Focus Groups

BETI (Business, Employment Transport & Infrastructure)

The last BETI meeting was held on Wednesday 23rd May.  Kevin Havill’s report  forms  Appendix 3 of these minutes.

Environment & Heritage

No meeting has been held since 22nd May-  hence no report has been made.

Housing

RK reported that in early June he had attended a meeting with Sarah Furley and Imogen Day of Cornwall Council’s NDP team at one of their quarterly surgeries.  Among the various issues discussed, he raised the issue of whether we can get advice from Development Control Officers in our area about the potential value of policies that we would like to develop.  From Cornwall Council’s perspective it will be fine if we approach Glen Lowe who deals with a large number of applications in this area.

RK also briefly reviewed his perspective of the ongoing controversy in Crantock, following the approval given in early June to a specific housing development.   The PC interprets this decision as contrary to the NDP that had passed at referendum in May and it is currently crowd-funding a judicial review of this decision.  While we don’t know the grounds for the review, one of the issues is whether the need for Affordable Housing has already been addressed by existing planning permissions within the parish (which would mean that there is little reason for approving the application).  Dimensions of this are: one of the sites approved looks unlikely to come forward, leaving a shortfall: the NDP aims to cover the period to 2030, and more people are likely to come forward onto the Home Choice Register (housing list) during the next few years.  RK expressed his intention to pursue the issue of phasing of development over the plan period.

There followed discussion of the implications for this line of thinking for our parish: the requirement that new housing developments are permitted to provide further Affordable Homes for those on the Home Choice Register, with a preference for this parish.

CA-Z queried whether or not the use of SUDS for storm water drainage should be included within the NDP.

6. Project planning

This was dealt with in ‘Matters arising’.

7. Financial matters

None arising.

8. Any other business

It was suggested that the NDP is represented at the Christmas Market.

9. Items for next meeting

The Flyer

10. Date of next meeting and closure

The next meeting will be on Tuesday the 16th October in the Parish Council offices in Perranporth.

The meeting finished at 8.45pm.

 

2018-05-22 Steering Group Meeting Minutes

Perranzabuloe Neighbourhood Development  Plan

Steering Group Meeting – Minutes

Tuesday 22nd May 2018

UNAPPROVED

1          Attendance and Apologies

No Apologies received.  Fifteen people attended including twelve members of the Steering Group (listed in Appendix 1).

2          Approval of Minutes of Meeting dated 22nd April 2018

Proposed by Rory Jenkins (RJ), seconded by Will Rogers (WR), and approved unanimously.

3          Matters arising

William Rogers (WR) reported on progress on the preparation of the project plan.  Certain members have had sight of the full spreadsheet, that was considered to be too detailed.  WR will produce a summary spreadsheet (some 8-10 rows long) and present it at the next SG meeting.

WR also reported that he has requested to withdraw the application for funding from the Co-op, since it was not possible at this stage to demonstrate a watertight financial arrangement (given that no financial officer is available in the Parish Council (PCC). The Coop accepted our withdrawal, and invited us to reapply at a later stage when the next tranche for grants became available. Action-WR

The application for Community Grant funding submission has not yet been prepared, since no firm costs have been determined. There is in the order of £9000 available subject to detailed estimates.  At present the Parish Council has earmarked up to £15,000 for the NP. It was asked whether the Community Grant can be applied for retrospectively. WR will investigate.

It has been suggested by the present PPC that we could have our own bank account and cheque book, actually accounting to them. However this will be up to the new Council (elections due end May) to agree to this procedure.  Karen Colam will request that an item be inserted onto the next PPC meeting to discuss this. Action-KC

Roger Kayes (RK) has prepared the copy for the housing section for the forthcoming flier, and submitted these to NJ.

Michael Callan & Karen Collam have agreed to be co-opted onto the SG.

KC is to contact Cornwall Chamber of Commerce regarding the provision of a list of names and addresses of businesses in the parish. Action-KC

Discussion continued regarding the planning permission for the Oyster Bay development.  RK will investigate the grounds upon which 365 days per year of residence can be granted for holiday homes. Action RK

Following the question at the previous meeting regarding the advertising of holiday homes with 365 days per year residence, that  seemed to make them dwellings, RK asked whether Michael Callan could clarify the situation.  MC pointed out that these adverts concerned the recent application by the Oyster Bay company for a new site to the north of Goonhavern, heading out toward the A30 where there is a wind turbine and that this site will allow for 365 days per year occupancy.  This will not be classified as housing and there will be no affordable housing provision. Simon Jefferies suggested this was because mobile home-type developments involve only change of use of land, not development as in the construction of buildings.  The BETI focus group claim them as businesses but haven’t done any work on this as yet.

A meeting was held with South West Water, primarily with the PPC.  However the NDP was represented.

Rory summarised his perspective that SWW can cope with foul drainage from new developments, but they cannot cope with the ingress of storm water run off as well as the foul water. If quantities of storm water could be diverted away from the sewerage, it could free up capacity for new developments. Points of interest to the NDP were the Llanelli  Memorandum of Understandingwhere a new developer was obliged to provide sufficient space in the sewerage by restricting a determinable amount of storm flow from the system to free up space for the new foul drainage. It is possible that a similar provision could be included in the Perranzabuloe Neighbourhood Plan.

SWW will look at the ingress of storm water into the pumping systems as well as ways of alleviating this. Storm water control is managed by the water authorities, local authorities,  Environment Agency and DEFRA.

Flooding at Hendrena and Bolenna will be examined by SWW.  SWW will also examine the mechanisms used to advise the community upon river spillages in the winter months. Road drainage can be alleviated by regrading around manhole covers and road cross-falls to avoid  flooding.

WR will contact SWW in some 6 months time.  Action-WR

Major expense from Water Authorities needs to be included in the Management Plans and the 5 year funding requests (presently PR19).  We would need to get the work included in the PR24 (2024) funding request. Action RJ/KH

KH reported that a national list of business addresses in ‘Access’ format is available from The Cornwall Property Valuation Office. RJ can arrange for these to be transposed into Excel or equivalent format.  Names of businesses however will not be available. Action-RJ/KH

4          Communications update

Details of options of designing, printing and distributing the flyer were presented by NJ and discussed (included in Appendix 2 to these minutes).

It was agreed that the distribution of Flyers should be delayed until September/October when the holiday period has passed. Action-NJ

It was agreed to employ Jeff Muir to design and supervise the printing of the flyers.  This is based upon previous experience with other NDPs in Cornwall.  An estimated sum of £4,000 to allow for contingencies etc, should be allocated for the total cost of the first ‘mail shot” contingencies, poster campaign and public meetings. Action-NJ

 

5          Reports from Focus Groups

            BETI (Business, Employment Transport & Infrastructure)

The next BETI meeting has been scheduled for Wednesday 23rd May- i.e. one day after this meeting.  Hence there is no BETI information to be included in these minutes.

The BETI group will be headed by Philip Moore in KH’s temporary absence overseas.

            Environment & Heritage

Chris Ashby-Zwozdiak chaired a meeting on 2nd May. Minutes are included in Appendix 3.

            Housing

Roger Kayes raised the issue of Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) funds and that in the future, substantial funds could become available to the parish from this source, when the regulations are introduced in Cornwall (probably at the end of 2018). A parish that has a NDP would receive 25% of the levy of qualifying developments, mainly housing in Perranzabuloe, and this could be in the region of £10,000 per dwelling.  A parish with no NDP would receive 10% less.  RK has foreseen a role for the NDP process in surveying the parishioners as to their priorities for spending this money, but Michael Callan rejected this idea – it will be the PCC that decides how this money is spent.

RK summarised the housing completion data for the parish (albeit provisional) prior to the publication, probably in August provided by CC, showing the large number of housing completions in the last two years. This data is reproduced here in Appendix 4.

RK and Will Rogers reported on their perceptions during their visit to the St Agnes exhibition of the pre-submission version of their NDP,  as well as the enthusiasm and inspiring ideas they came away with.  It was recommended that members read the report, available at http://stagnesndp.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/St-Agnes-NDP-v4-Pre-submission-version-23-4-18.pdf.   (This link will be posted on the Perranplan website).

6          Project planning

This was dealt with in ‘Matters arising’.

7           Financial matters

None arising.

8          NDP Hotline

A hot line for contact will be set up. RJ is to investigate the use of a bespoke mobile that can be managed by anybody in the steering group.  An ‘0345’ number will be assigned to this. Action-RJ

9          GDPR

RJ  assured the Meeting that under the terms of our Privacy Policy on the NDP website, it is in order to hold information solely for the progressing of the NDP.  People not wishing their information to be held should advise accordingly.

8          Any other business

Christine ZA is due to send out the Wildlife map to the SG.  She intends to undertake the Landscape Character Assessment in the autumn.

RK reported that he had taken some photos specifically for the website and passed these on to RJ, and encouraged others to do so.  In the context of St Agnes’s use of aerial photographs in their publicity material, he wondered if we should approach the person who took their shots of the five main villages in the parish, to get us similar resources.  RJ advised care in paying for that, given legal complexities. Others referred to the drone photos used in the Perranporth Community Facebook page, and that perhaps we should use those.

10          Items for next meeting

Discussion of the Flyer

11          Date of next meeting and closure

The next meeting will be on Wednesday the 13th June in the Parish Council offices in Perranporth.

The meeting finished at 9.45pm.

 

Appendix 1 – List of Attendees

Steering Group:    
Chris Ashby-Zwozdiak Karen Colam Susan Dutson
Kevin Havill Rory Jenkins Nick Joy
Roger Kayes

Janine Branch

Phil Moore

Michael Callan

William Rogers

Andrew Bown

Others:    
Simon Jeffrey Angela Maynard Maxine Young

Appendix 2 Communications update 22nd May 2018

  • Initial Flyer:
    • Meeting of FG leaders and Environmental members
    • Decisions:
      • A3 not A4 (Cost rise from £200 to £400),
      • Decided the FG information on the flyer would not get the Public’s attention. Another approach has been discussed and needs to be drafted, then offered to a Graphic Designer.
      • Space needs to be given for address and Freepost return.
      • Printer ‘can’ print addresses directly to the flyer from spreadsheet
      • Freepost is worth the cost
      • Delivery method ‘Should’ be the Post Office
      • Flyer goes out as part of a promotion campaign (posters, meetings around the parish, etc)
      • Timing is very important – Get it right!
      • Pay a Graphic Designer if it means getting it right
  • Next Communications actions:
    • Develop the flyer and get to Graphic designer.
    • Provide WR with list of items to purchase for consultations
  • Website
    • Statement: The website is looking great. Well Done Rory & Team.
    • Put SW Water meeting notes to website. Under all FG tags
  • NDP Hotline
    • a form of communication for people without internet
    • Proposed using a spare mobile phone with a PAYG SIM card for the NDP
    • It could be used just as an answering message service. Will Rogers has offered his mobile number instead of an NDP number.
    • KC and RJ said they would look into the cost of 0345 numbers and VOIT(?). These numbers can then be diverted to SG members phones or voice mail messages.
  • Costs of Flyer, including Postage – see spreadsheet appendix
    • NJpresented estimations from two printers/Graphic Designers from my working spreadsheet.
    • We need 3000 flyers for residential and 2000 for business and handouts
    • Post office costs are stamps for delivery to non-Perranporth wards and Post Office flyer drop to Perranporth (all TR6 0) homes.
    • This was the most cost effective postage solution that also satisfies the NDP guidelines for later scrutiny.
    • A Freepost address should be set up for any postal returns.
    • The Graphic Designer (Jeff Muir) estimated his costs at £500. The SG felt that this was too low and should be doubled to ensure costs are covered.
    • Prevision should also be made for Posters design and publication.
    • A budget of £4000 was proposed to be put to the PC.
    • NJ to liaisewith Jeff Muir and obtain quotations from printers
    • Community Magazine Printers in Cornwall are a Parish Council magazine printers with a good eco-friendly ethos.
    • Preferred option is Jeff Muir to design and Community Printing to print

 

Flyer Print Costs                
Company No. to print Total Cost Print A4 Print A3 Arrangement +Design +Postage Freepost
Boscawen (Quote) 2750 £356.80 £256.80   £100.00 £250.00 £1,432.20 £0.38
Boscawen (Quote) 2750 £386.80   £286.80 £100.00 £500.00 £1,432.20 £0.38
Boscawen (Estimate) 5000 £1,121.45   £521.45 £100.00 £500.00 £1,432.20 £0.38
Parish Magazine Printing 3000 £235.00 £195.00   £40.00 N/A N/A N/A
Parish Magazine Printing 6000 £430.00 £390.00   £40.00 N/A N/A N/A
Parish Magazine Printing 3000 £430.00   £390.00 £40.00 N/A N/A N/A
Parish Magazine Printing 5000 £690.00   £650.00 £40.00 N/A N/A N/A
 

 

 

 

 

 

               
            Freepost return @ 38p 2nd Class
Postage Costs   1st @ 67p 2nd @ 58p Maildrop   5% 10% 15%
Perranporth 1886 £1,263.62 £1,093.88 £500.00   £35.83 £71.67 £107.50
Goonhaven 483 £323.61 £280.14 for up to   £9.18 £18.35 £27.53
Penhallow 253 £169.51 £146.74 7000   £4.81 £9.61 £14.42
Rose 237 £158.79 £137.46 Houses   £4.50 £9.01 £13.51
  2859 1915.53 1658.22     £54.32 £108.64 £162.96
            Freepost set up cost £116.00
                 
                 
                 
Preferred Option 3000 £2,157.30   £390.00 £40.00 £500.00 £1,064.34 £162.96
Extra for hand-outs 2000 £260.00   £260.00        
    £2,417.30            

 

Appendix 3 Environment & Heritage update 22nd May 2018

 

 

Environment & Heritage Meeting Notes – Wednesday 2ndMay 2018 7.30pm at the Tywarnhayle Inn 

  • Present:
  • Steve Adams
  • Chris Ashby-Zwozdiak
  • Sue Dutson
  • KevinHavill
  • Nick Joy
  • Roger Kayes
  • Angela Maynard

 

  • Chris apologised for having no fixed agenda as such, due to treading water until launch of fliers.

 

  • We had a discussion regarding the omission of specific protection for county wildlife sites from the NPPF revisions and the need to respond to the consultation, however, despite this, it was agreed that these areas remain reasonably well protected and it will take several years before any revision is embedded.

 

  • We discussed the need to utilise the CWT map, and eventually theLLCA to inform spatial planning for conservation such as linking wildlife corridors.

 

  • Discussion ensued regarding the possibility that under the NP certain areas of land could be designated with caveats for development (i.e. having stipulations that key vulnerable sites could only be developed in certain ways).

 

  • Discussed the Community orchard scheme in Newquay which is an amazing resource for the community, where the land was gifted to the people of Newquay by the Duchy. Perhaps a similar wealthy land owner could be persuaded to do something similar for Perranzabuloe? Mentioned that we have no allotments within the Parish and that community schemes such as these could form part of our wish list or could be cited as suitable development for certain areas of vulnerable land within the parish.

 

  • We all had a good look at the CWT maps and more detailed analysis is available should we require it.

 

  • Chris asked about obtaining the designation status for the grading of agricultural land.Roger said he would help with this.

 

  • Brief discussion on the formation of settlement boundaries and the criteria we would use to do so, but was agreed that it was too early in the process without having completed the LLCA to formulate any policies on this.

 

  • Discussions then turned to Communications (see Nick’s notes)

 

  • Meeting concluded at around 9.30

 

 

 

Appendix 4    Monitoring data for housing to end March 2018

Note the data for 2017-2018 are provisional at this stage (that is, they may alter by <10).

Total Housing Completions

 

Housing Commitments at end of March 2018

 

Note this includes the 134 on Penhale Camp.

2018-05-10 Parish Council & SWW Meeting Notes

Parish Council & South West Water

Meeting Notes

10th May 2018

The Parties:

South West Water (SWW) Represented by:

Perry Hobbs – Head of Strategic Investment Planning Richard Behan – Flood Risk Manager
Ian McFerlane – Customer Services and Network Manager

Perranzabuloe Parish Council

(PC) Councillor Steve Arthur Councillor Karen Colam

Councillor William Rogers

Perranzabuloe Neighbourhood Plan (NDP)

Rory Jenkins

Kevin Havill

Background:
The meeting had been arranged by William Rogers as a chance for both the PC and NDP understand more about the issues facing SWW to deliver its responsibilities for waste water collection and treatment. Whether the current infrastructure is sufficient, what improvements are necessary and whether there is capacity to collect and treat more particularly if there is to be more residential development in the parish.

All parties were aware of problems including flooding of Thywanhale Square and overloading of the pumping station on Station Road.

The PC and NDP explained that clean sea and stream water all year round is vital for safety and amenity of visitors and all year round residents alike. The local economy is largely built on tourism with the beach and water sport as the central theme. Many residents have chosen the area because of the landscape and lifestyle. Awareness to environmental issues is growing illustrated by the popular designation of the Perranporth as a plastic free zone.

Responsibilities:
SWW explained that responsibilities for the flooding management collection of foul and surface water are split between:
Environment Agency – Sea and rivers
Cornwall Council (highways) – Highways
SWW – Sewers, surface water from hardstanding within the curtilage of properties
Defra – A government regularity authority with responsibilities to monitor water and sea water quality including The Bathing Water Directive

System:
Perranporth – Surface Water and sewerage drains to the pumping station on Station Road from where it is pumped to Droskyn, then to a treatment works at Cligga and with a discharge of treated water into the sea.
Goonhavern – Has its own treatment works and the treated water discharge goes into streams.

The historic network was built in the anticipation that rain water would dilute effluent before it being run into the sea. The Clean Sweep policy introduced 18 years ago has been built on the basis that raw waste should not enter the rivers or sea but be treated first.

Problems arise primarily because water enters the SWW system from surface run off such as highways (which could be discharged into streams and rivers – for example Station Road) and from historic mine shafts and addits (for example Thywanhale Square). These extraordinary loads stretch the pumping station in Perranporth beyond its capacity and can cause outflows of untreated effluent. SWW has permits for a limited number of Combined Sewage Outflows (CSOs) at designated points and has obligations to both report incidents to the Environment Agency and monitor water quality on a continuous basis.

For new development it is now theoretically required that surface water does not flow offsite into the sewerage system thereby reducing the volumes pumped to treatment works. The historic network remains though and Cornwall Council did not take the opportunity to rectify local problems on Station Road from highway run off when the Environment Agency undertook flood management works a few years ago. In terms of new developments, these often manage to present a case that allows them to not deal with surface water onsite, but discharge it into the existing system.

Specific problems around Bolenna Park and Hendrawna Lane were discussed and SWW will investigate further.

The tankering of waste from Station Road to Droskyn over the recent winter had been as a response to the broken main between the two locations on St Georges Hill. This main has now been repaired.

Planning Process
SWW explained that are not a statutory consultee in the planning process. They are consulted but their views can be overruled. The grant of planning permission gives property owns the right to connect and SWW are obliged to provide service irrespective of whether their infrastructure is adequate.

All the respective agencies hold duty of care responsibilities and issues arising from the historic networks along the North Coast are well known. A long term Drainage and Waste Water Plan is being compiled and to cover a future 25 year period, however, this plan won’t be ready until 2022.

The PC and NDP expressed the view that a large, probably majority, proportion of residents would like to prevent further development because of inadequacies in the current infrastructure. SWW responded that in their experience using capacity problems to halt development rarely works in the long term. However they were keen to promote that the NDP include policies to tackle all drainage issues with future development targets to be linked to completed improvements.

In short the Perranporth pumping and treatment works could support future development IF there was proper separation of surface run off from household waste as could Goonhavern to a lessor extent but which benefits from an easier topography.

An example of a multi authority agreement known as Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) for Llanelli was discussed. Under this agreement developers are required to make provision for the removal of storm water from the system before new foul water is introduced. This model could be on a 1:1 or possibly a 2:1 ratio basis.

Funding for improvements works could come from the following sources:
Central Government – Flooding and Coastal Defence Projects Community Infrastructure Levy – Cornwall Council

Highways – Cornwall Council

Next Steps
SWW water to provide more information of the Llanelli MOU and to investigate further problems at Bolenna and Hendrawna
SWW to revert on why the spill alert system only works during the bathing season and not year round.
PC to discuss
NDP to develop draft policies for community feedback

2018-05-02 Environment & Heritage Meeting Notes

Environment & Heritage Meeting Notes

Wednesday 2ndMay 2018 7.30pm

Tywarnhayle Inn

Present:

Steve Adams

Chris Ashby-Zwozdiak

Sue Dutson

Kevin Havill

Nick Joy

Roger Kayes

Angela Maynard

Chris apologised for having no fixed agenda as such, due to treading water until launch of fliers.

We had a discussion regarding the omission of specific protection for county wildlife sites from the NPPF revisions and the need to respond to the consultation, however, despite this, it was agreed that these areas remain reasonably well protected and it will take several years before any revision is embedded.

We discussed the need to utilise the CWT map, and eventually theLLCA to inform spatial planning for conservation such as linking wildlife corridors.

Discussion ensued regarding the possibility that under the NP certain areas of land could be designated with caveats for development (i.e. having stipulations that key vulnerable sites could only be developed in certain ways).

Discussed the Community orchard scheme in Newquay which is an amazing resource for the community, where the land was gifted to the people of Newquay by the Duchy. Perhaps a similar wealthy land owner could be persuaded to do something similar for Perranzabuloe? Mentioned that we have no allotments within the Parish and that community schemes such as these could form part of our wish list or could be cited as suitable development for certain areas of vulnerable land within the parish.

We all had a good look at the CWT maps and more detailed analysis is available should we require it.

Chris asked about obtaining the designation status for the grading of agricultural land.Roger said he would help with this.

Brief discussion on the formation of settlement boundaries and the criteria we would use to do so, but was agreed that it was too early in the process without having completed the LLCA to formulate any policies on this.

Discussions then turned to Communications (see Nick’s notes)

Meeting concluded at around 9.30

 

 

2018-04-23 BETI Meeting Notes

Perranporth Neighbourhood Development Plan

BETI Focus Group Meeting Notes

23rd April 2018 (Parish Rooms)

Attendees:

Kevin Havill (Chair), Philip Moore (VC), Roger Kayes, Karen Colam (PC), William Rogers (PC)

Apologies: Mike Callan (CC Consultant), Andrew Bown, Simon Jefferies, Jackie Byatt, Richard Mocke, Tanya Mocke

  • Resumé of BETI group progress so far:
    • 1. meeting had been to decide what BETI included
    • 2. meeting had developed vision and tested concepts
    • 3. meeting had been an extraordinary participation in the A30 Carland Cross to Chiverton Cross public meeting
    • 4. meeting had been to decide how issues affecting BETI interests should be communicated
  • Minutes of the previous meeting on 28th March 2018
    •  Approved and the following comments made:
    •  To obtain further co-operation from the County Council for the potential diversion of the A3075 around Goonhavern we will need to work with other parishes in the Community Network Area. Michael Callan to invite councillor Adrian Harvey and the CC Cabinet Member to a meeting
    • Agreement to Andrew Bown’s suggestion that we should seek to sponsor a cycle link / footpath to Gonhavern from Perranporth that could continue towards Truro. Sustran where discussed as a possible source for sponsorship.
    •  Jeremy Edwards Cornwall Council to be invited to a forthcoming meeting via Mike Callan
  • Communication
    • Communications email circulation lists to be improved to ensure everyone involved receives the information they should (KH to follow up with NJ and other group leads).
    • Text to be finalised for the BETI content in the NDP Information Flyer
    • Need to debate the working methods of the groups
    • BETI content drafted by Kevin Havill and then edited by the group members.
    • Post meeting : The BETI content was finalised and final version circulated by Kevin Havill to all the BETI members and SG members
    • Post meeting : KH discussed flyer with NJ and agreed that a Professional Graphic Designer needs to be commissioned to produce the Perranzabuloe NDP Information Flyer. This to be confirmed at next SG meeting

page1image1612176page1image1608640

Perranporth NDP, BETI – Meeting #5

Aside1: Settlement Boundaries relate to the boundaries of the main conurbations in the Parish

Aside2: Community Network Panel meeting – £50k per year is allocated to each Network Area by Cornwall Council for road safety issues (our Network Area includes 6 Parishes)

Next meeting Wednesday 23rd May 2018 19:00 – 21-00 at the Parish Rooms

2018-04-23 Steering Group Meeting Minutes

Perranzabuloe Neighbourhood Development Plan

Steering Group Meeting – Minutes

Monday 23rdApril 2018

1          Attendance and Apologies

Apologies were received from Michael Callan, Janine Branch and Andrew Bown. Eleven people attended including nine members of the Steering Group (listed in Appendix 1), with one arriving 10 minutes late and another leaving at 8pm (in the hope of being allocated tickets to Wimbledon!).

2          Approval of Minutes of Meeting dated 7th March 2018

Proposed by Kevin Havill (KH), seconded by Nick Joy (NJ), and approved unanimously.

3          Matters arising

William Rogers (WR) reported on progress on the preparation of the project plan. NDP preparation is currently projected to finish, using his current assessments of the length of time each stage will take, at the end of 2022.  He suggested holding a meeting at his place to discuss the draft plan with a couple of interested members, possibly having a version ready for the next meeting.  Rory Jenkins (RJ) asked that he send it out for members to have a look at, and suggested if the meeting was held at the parish offices that would offer the facility to project the spreadsheet onto the wall.

WR also reported that he has submitted an application to the Co-op; he explained that the lack of a Parish Council financial officer may cause a difficulty in the Co-op given that the organisation will want to check the financial status of the backing organisation. He will report again at the next meeting.

The Application for Community Grant funding submission has not yet been prepared.

Roger Kayes (RK) apologised to the group for not having prepared the housing section for the forthcoming flier, as he intended.  He has had computer problems and is still working on it.

Chris Ashby-Zwozdiak (CAZ) told the group that she has received the Cornwall Wildlife Trust map, and sent out the digital version to most of the Steering Group.  There was discussion around confusion in the use of sg@perranplan.co.ukto mail out to the entire SG and she will shortly send it out to the remainder of the SG.

4          Communications update

Nick Joy (NJ) reported on various aspects of the updated website, created by RJ with the content added by himself.

Karen Colam suggested that it would be good idea for the Steering Group to request an agenda item for the forthcoming Parish Council AGM, so that a presentation could be given to update the council on progress of the NDP.

The meeting agreed that records of Focus Group meetings will be headed ‘Notes’ rather than ‘Minutes’, to reflect the more informal nature of those meetings.

It was agreed that Karen Colam and Michael Callan (both members of the Parish Council) will be added to the SG email ‘group’ (sg@perranplan.co.uk) despite their not actually being on the SG – as regular attendees at our meetings, it was felt important that they were kept informed with background documentation.

NJ summarised his report of the Communications meeting held on March 13th– this report has already been circulated and posted on the website.

Progress on the flyer: NJ is to arrange a meeting of Focus Group leaders to take forward the preparation of the first flyer.  The means of delivering the initial flyer was discussed at some length.  On the list of households in the parish supplied by Cornwall Council, there are 2859 addresses, without names of residents. Regarding getting hold of a list of business addresses, Karen Colam column offered to contact Kim Conchy of Cornwall Chamber of Commerce, who she thought must have a list.  KH offered to email Guy Thomas to follow up a previous question he’d submitted on this subject.  Extensive discussion followed regarding the content of the initial consultation including public meetings.  It was suggested that three could be held – to introduce the community to what the NDP is about, to gather ideas as to what they would like the NDP to do for them, and to attract new members to the team.  RK was dubious that we have enough detail to hold meetings at this early stage.  KH was of the opinion that while a certain number of items were already apparent in business and infrastructure, he was keen to go out at this early stage to gather for feedback from different business groups as to what the NDP might do for them.  NJ clarified that he thought consultation meetings should be held in the period between June and December this year.  No decisions were actually taken.

CAZ pointed out that Oyster Bay in Goonhavern is advertising homes in caravans for 365 days a year and there must be at least 100 on the site.  She wondered about the implications for the NDP of what are effectively a large number of houses, and the provision of affordable housing.  RK offer to check up on the planning approvals under which the site operates and consider the implications for housing.  WR pointed out the Perran Sands closes in winter for a period, except for two people who are on the electoral register.

Appendix 2 presents NJ’s ‘Communications update 23rdApril 2018’ summarising details of actions and progress on the website, using emails and preparation of the flyer.

5          Reports from Focus Groups

            BETI (Business, Employment Transport & Infrastructure)

Kevin Havill summarised the meeting held immediately prior to this meeting, and that the BETI input to the first flyer will be agreed upon later in the week.

            Environment & Heritage

Chris Ashby-Zwozdiak summarised the notes of the E&H meeting held on 28thMarch in the Tyewarnhayle, Perranporth, as well as the group’s input to the proposed flyer.

            Housing

RK summarised the discussion document on suggesting a ‘short-and-sharp’ approach to NDP preparation that he’d circulated only the previous day. In summary, the notion is that if the NDP focused on low-hanging fruit, with a relatively limited amount of work the team could achieve 60 to 80% of the potential gain from the NDP process. Factors to consider are: the resources were quite tight in terms of manpower, and we shouldn’t forget the NDP is likely to need to be revised within 5 years, given the prospect of review of the Local Plan and  the proposed revision to the NPPF.  Extensive discussion followed. The chairman put forward a simple approach of: let’s put out the flyer, hold some introductory meetings to increase interest among the community, and illicit ideas as to what the community wants on the NDP … then we can re-visit the idea of adopting a short-and-sharp approach in the light of how we get on there.  This was tacitly accepted by the group.

There was there was further discussion of the South West Water issue of overflow discharges into the stream in Perranporth, causing pollution on the beach. RJ pointed out that SWW used to give automatic updates on overflow discharges into the stream and thus the sea during both summer and winter. SWW then discovered that they only had to publish data for the summer and so stopped publishing discharges during the winter, when they are very frequent.  Mention was made that Surfers Against Sewage have further knowledge about this and various contacts were suggested.

6          Project planning

This was dealt with in ‘Matters arising’.

7          Financial matters

None arising.

8          Any other business

WR informed the group of the planned meeting with two director-level representatives from South West Water to be held on the 10th of May, to discuss the foul drainage problems in Perranporth.  Two representatives from the SG would be agreed in due course, as well as two to attend from the parish council.

In response to a question RJ said that he will be covering the GDPR requirements for the NDP group.

9          Items for next meeting

WR asked that any additional items for the agenda of a forthcoming meeting be emailed to him two weeks before the date of that meeting.

10       Date of next meeting and closure

The next meeting will be the 22nd of May in the Parish Council offices in Perranporth. The date of the June meeting will be decided by a Doodle Poll facilitated by RJ.

The meeting finished at 9.20pm.

 

Perranzabuloe Neighbourhood Plan

Appendix 1 – List of Attendees

Steering Group:
Chris Ashby-Zwozdiak Karen Colam Susan Dutson
Kevin Havill Rory Jenkins Nick Joy
Roger Kayes Phil Moore William Rogers
Others:
Steve Conway Beryl Nolan

 

 

Appendix 2 Communications update 23rdApril 2018

  • New Logo acceptance? With the strapline ‘Improving our Parish for All’

RJ has produced the new Logo and it can be found on the website.

Could RJ please distribute the logo to the FG leaders for use in any outside distributed documents and printed material. NJ/RJ COMPLETED by RJ

  • Website
    • RJ has developed the website and it is taking shape nicely
    • There are pages for each Focus Group including the SG
    • Minutes of meetings and documents are available to read.
    • SG meetings to be Minutes, FG Meetings to be Notes. RJ has amended current website content to reflect this.
  • Communications Emails:
    • RJ has given all SG members emails in the format name@perranplan.co.uk
    • In addition there are other emails such as SG@perranplan.co.ukfor members to quickly address all SG members along with FG addresses such as communications@perranplan.co.uk
    • Remember: These will only forward emails (sent to these addresses) to your personal account. Any replies you send will come from your ‘personal’ accounts. If any FG leaders want a dedicated email account @perranplan.co.uk to both receive ‘and’ send emails from please ask RJ.
    • It was proposed and seconded that Karen Colam and Michael Callan should be added to the sg@perranplan.co.uklist to keep up to date with SG emails. RJ has done this now.
  • Initial Flyer:
    • An initial meeting took place to discuss this first public engagement.
    • Initial ideas have been forthcoming and the flyer needs to be designed, printed and posted. It is hoped in May, but this depends on assistance.
    • WR has purchased a spreadsheet from CC, which contains all Perranzabuloe household addresses. (Note, not business addresses). In all there are 2859. NJ to forward a Spreadsheet to the FG leaders FYI. These do not contain personal data so do not have data protection problems. Done.

WR and KH were to ask the CC for a similar Business listing.

  • An equipment list was also developed for future face to face Public Engagements. To be passed to WR for funding purposes. NJ
  • There was also a long discussion on future consultations. These included:
    • Having three dedicated introduction meeting around the parish in June/July. Pub function halls was suggested. The dates could be printed on the flyer.
    • The flyer could be hand delivered in the Perranporth ward due to its density. This would save money and could include door knocking.
    • Possibly a float in the village carnivals.
  • Next Communications actions:
    • Develop the flyer and get to Graphic designer.
    • Cost postage and Freepost returns

2018-05-22 Steering Group Meeting Agenda

 

Tuesday 22nd May 2018  7pm

Perranzabuloe Parish Offices

 

Proposed Agenda

  1. Attendance and Apologies
  2. Approval of Minutes of Meeting on 22nd April, 2018
  3. Matters arising
  4. Communication update
  5. Reports from Focus Groups
  6. Project Planning
  7. Financial Matters
  8. NDP Hotline
  9. New Data Protection Law
  10. Any other Business
  11. Items for next meeting
  12. Date of meetings in June and July, 2018

 

 

2018-05-02 Communications Meeting Notes

Perranzabuloe Neighbourhood Development Plan

Communications Meeting Notes

2ndMay 2018 – Nick Joy

 

  • Location: Tyewarnhayle 7:30pm
  • Attendees:

Nick Joy, Chris Ashby-Zwozdiak, Roger Kayes, Kevin Havill,

Sue Dutson, Angela Maynard, and Steve Adams

 

  • This was an impromptu meeting shared with the Environment and Heritage Focus Group. After their agenda we discussed the initial flyer progress was discussed.

 

  • I had spoken to a couple of printers to obtain quotes and to determine what could be achieved and in what lead-time. I went through these costs with the group along with the options. These can be found appended below.

 

  • After receiving inputs from the FG leaders, a draft flyer was put together during last week. This was presented to the group for discussion. It was considered very informative, but ‘Dry’ in the sense it would not attract attention and would likely be placed into the bin when posted to households. The flyer was an A4 double-sided print folded into A5.

 

  • It was decided that a larger flyer was necessary. Either A3 folded to A5 or an A5 booklet. The A3 option was preferred as it was a better format allowing more space in the centre, for the same cost as A3. A3 folded to A4 is twice the printing cost of A4 folded to A5. However, it was considered that the increase of about £200 to £400 was worthwhile.

 

  • Space will be needed for the Post office for addresses. The exact space required is to be confirmed, however it is believed to be a page for delivery address and a page for a return address.

 

During a discussion it was considered less than 5% would return their slip by post, but it was necessary to give people this option so we must provide a means. This would be FREEPOST.

 

  • A FREEPOST account would need to be set up (£116 for the first year and £65 for subsequent years). Since we will be sending out a survey this too may require a freepost return system so having an account is a good thing. The cost of each return is 38p. Estimated returns and costs are below.

 

  • The delivery method was also discussed. Posting to every household in the parish would cost £1658 2ndclass (but how they are stamped/franked has not been determined. A breakdown of the cost/ward is below. Perranporth, being densely populated and the majority of the populous could be done by hand saving around £1000. This might also give an opportunity for door knocking and discussion.

 

  • Another delivery method was a leaflet drop by the post office. This does not require a delivery address space on the flyer. This method would deliver to every house and business, by postcode area. However, the postcode areas overlap significantly with other parishes.

 

Example: Perranzabuloe has 2859 houses (not including businesses).

If their postcodes were used (e.g. TR4 9, TR5 0 etc) this would reach

11, 616 premises. This is probably not acceptable, and would require significantly more flyers to be printed, which would not be economical.

 

A combination could be an option. The Perranporth ward is 1886 houses (not businesses) and all are under the TR6 0xx postcode. Postage costs for these would be £1094. However, a leaflet drop would cost £500 (minimum charge for up to 7000 leaflets), and would cover this area only and reach businesses under this postcode.

 

Thus, a combination could be used:

Hand deliver Perranporth £0

Leaflet drop Perranporth £500

Post the remaining parish houses £564

(As opposed to posting to all houses £1658)

 

  • The promoting of the NDP was also discussed. It was thought that the leaflet posting needs to be combined with poster campaign, Consultation’s, Website survey in place beforehand (for online returns), drop boxes placed around the parish in preparation, etc. All of which may delay the delivery date.

 

It was also thought that the Focus groups have reached a point where they cannot move forward now without a public information campaign.

Thus, the leaflet and supporting actions are now a priority for the NDP.

 

  • Conclusion:
    • The flyer will be redesigned using a graphic artist. ACTION-NJ
    • It requires page space for delivery and return address ACTION-NJ
    • A3 double sized colour is preferred, folded A4 by the printer (maybe folded further to A5 by volunteers)
    • Delivery method(s) and costs to be debated by SG meeting.
    • Delivery time

 

Flyer Print Costs
Company Print Run Total Cost Print A4 Print A3 Arrangement +Design +Postage Freepost
Boscawen 2750 £356.80 £256.80 £100.00 £250.00 £1,432.20 £0.38
Boscawen 2750 £386.80 £286.80 £100.00 £500.00 £1,432.20 £0.38
Boscawen (Pro rata Est.) 3000 £379.00 £279.00 £100.00 £250.00 £1,432.20 £0.38
Parish Magazine Printing 3000 £235.00 £195.00 £40.00 N/A N/A N/A
Parish Magazine Printing 6000 £430.00 £390.00 £40.00 N/A N/A N/A
Parish Magazine Printing 3000 £430.00 £390.00 £40.00 N/A N/A N/A
Freepost return @ 38p 2nd Class
Postage Costs 1st @ 67p 2nd @ 58p Leaflet 5% 10% 15%
Perranporth 1886 £1,263.62 £1,093.88 £500.00 £35.83 £71.67 £107.50
Goonhaven 483 £323.61 £280.14 for up to £9.18 £18.35 £27.53
Penhallow 253 £169.51 £146.74 7000 £4.81 £9.61 £14.42
Rose 237 £158.79 £137.46 Houses £4.50 £9.01 £13.51
Totals 2859 1915.53 1658.22 £54.32 £108.64 £162.96

 

2018-03-28 BETI Meeting Notes

Perranporth Neighbourhood Development Plan

BETI Focus Group

Meeting Notes

28th March 2018 (Parish Rooms)

Attendees:

Kevin Havill (Chair), Philip Moore, Andrew Bown, Karen Colam (PC), Mike Callan (CC Consultant), William Rogers (PC)

Apologies: Simon Jefferies, Jackie Byatt, Tanya Mocke, Richard Mocke

• Resumé of BETI group progress so far:
1. meeting had been to decide what BETI included
2. meeting had developed vision and tested concepts
3. meeting had been an extraordinary participation in the A30 Carland Cross to Chiverton Cross public meeting
4. Purpose of this meeting was to discuss how issues affecting BETI interests should be communicated

• Minutes of the previous meeting
o Approved and the following comments made:

  • To obtain further co-operation fron the County Council for the potential diversion of the A3075 around Goonhavern we will need to work with other parishes and those in the Community Network Area. Michael Callan to invite councillor Adrian Harvey and the CC Cabinet Member Geoffrey Brown to a meeting
  • Agreement to Andrew Bown’s suggestion that we should seek to sponsor a cycle link /footpath to Goonhavern from Perranporth that could continue towards Truro. Sustran where discussed as a possible source for sponsorship.
  • Jeremy Edwards Cornwall Council to be invited to the next meeting via Mike Callan

• Communication Timing

  • 1st mail shot to the general public announcing the NDP process and inviting participation – Apr/May 2018
  • Consultation – Oct/Nov/Dec 2018

o The first mailshot should go by post to all households in the parish. It is assumed that these will be addresses to “the occupier” but must seek to reach all members of the household.
o Not all companies operating in Perranzabuloe will have owners or management living in the parish. How to reach all businesses discussed:
Companies – it is possible to buy lists. Kevin Havill to discuss with Chair of Communication (Nick Joy) and ask him to obtain quotes for suitable lists.

page1image1662928page1image1663344

Perranporth NDP, BETI – Meeting #4

Organisations – William Rogers undertook to source these lists.
o Content within the first mailshot due April/May to include content inviting

participation for BETI subjects and provide details of public consultation meetings covering the following sectors and with designated members of BETI working with:

  • Perranporth centre shops and services (Michael Callan to assist)
  • Goonhavern centre shops and services (Michael Callan to assist)
  • Tourism (Karen Colam to assist)
  • Agriculture (KH to find 3# party assistance)
  • Industrial (tbc) – possible source could Cornwall Chamber of Commerce (Kim Conchie) and Federation of Small Businesses (FSB)
  • Small Enterprises (assumed these will covered by the residents mailshot)

o BETI content for 1st mail shot to explain what’s happening, what the NDP can and

can’t do, the potential benefits and ability to cut red tape in future. It should invite responses and give details of forthcoming consultation meetings. Kevin Havill to draft and the group to edit

o Consultation Sessions

  • Will require key note introduction and presentation
  • Should be held at venues other than the Parish Rooms – PerranporthMemorial Hall; Pavillion Rooms (Beach Car Park); Goonhavern Hall; Callestick Farm and Healeys visitor centre all to be considered
  • All focus groups should be represented at the consultation meetings

o Need to approach ALL significant public authorities / organisations in regard to their involvement with the Parish

Southwest Water /Electrical Supplies / British Gas(?) / BT Openreach

• Any Other Business
o Discussions over the overlap between the remit of BETI and the Housing group

within the NDP and whether they should be more closely linked in the future.
o The announcement from Government about very significant further increases in

new build housing targets for the UK including Cornwall predicted to be an additional 30% above the current target of ~52,000 for Cornwall. The increase could take the Cornwall target to nearly 70,000 new homes by 2030.

o The Community Land Trust was proposed as a possible funding source for local affordable homes in partnership with the Parish Council. This merits further investigation

o Cover for the Chair of BETI over the summer period was also discussed (KH will be in Sweden from May until early September 2018).

Next meeting Monday 23rd April 18:00 – 19:00 at the Parish Rooms

2018-03-08 BETI Meeting Notes

Perranporth Neighbourhood Development Plan

BETI Focus Group

Meeting Notes

8thMarch 2018 (Parish Rooms)

Attendees:

Kevin Havill (Chair), Simon Jefferies, Andrew Bown, Jackie Byatt , Karen Colam (PC), Mike Callan (CC Consultant), William Rogers (PC)

Apologies:

Philip Moore

  • The scheduled meeting was postponed to allow the BETI Focus Group join the Extaordinary Meeting of the St Agnes and Perranporth Community Network Panel (CNP) meet with Highways England (H E) to discuss the proposed A30 dualling project between Carland Cross and Chiverton Cross.
  • Ken Yeo chaired the meeting with councillor representatives of the CNP, Cornwall Council (C C), H E and Ove Arup
  • C C officers Guy Thomas (Localisation) and Jeremy Edwards (Highways); H E project leader Josh Hodder and representatives from Ove Arup H E’s their retained consultants presented themselves
  • Josh Hodder gave a brief presentation of the project and timetable. Explained that the consultation period is to close at 12thMarch and the importance of interested parties to register on line or in writing their comments by that cut off date.
  • H E plan to submit a planning application for the project in August 2018 with works planned to start in March 2020 and be fully completed in 2023. The overall budget is £290M
  • The existing A30 will be handed over to Cornwall Council for operation and maintenance.
  • The project includes provision for off site and ‘de-trunking’ works including that enabling access to the highway network for cyclists, walkers and horse riders.
  • The meeting was then opened to the public for Q & A
  • Kevin Havill (K H) on behalf of BETI explained that at the meeting on February 8thwith H E at the Methodists Church Hall, Perranporth two specific project and potential budget considerations had been made to Josh Hodder. Subsequently K H had been directed to liaise with Guy Thomas of Cornwall Council (C C) as they will be the counter party to H E. The same project considerations were addressed to the collective forum:
    • The potential to create a by pass for Goonhavern by utilising what will be the old A30 to take traffic from Camborne towards Newquay and vice versa. Traffic would be directed down Scotland Road and rejoin the A3075 at Cubert Cross. Consideration within the design and an allocation of funds to facilitate these works was requested. H E open to discussion but Jeremy Edwards concerned about pre-study costs of £25000 and likely costs for necessary highway improvements. K H suggested C C should consider making this a project and applying to H E for funds whilst they could.
    • The need for cycle links from Perranporth towards Newquay especially the section between Perranporth and Goonhavern. Jeremy Edwards responsed that the better funding partner likely to be Sustrans and that indeed St Agnes had made a detailed application for a cycle track and bridge at Chiverton Cross. (The implication being that works for the St Agnes project were more advanced and would be prioritised)
  • There followed a number of other questions and comments from the floor.
    • A common discussion point was the request that the junction at Chybucca should be made a full east west interchange as opposed to currently west facing only. Traffic flow figures prepare by Callestick Ice Cream Farm were diametrically different to those calculated by Ove Arup. This linked with the strong request from several membersof he public to redesign this junction. H E invited parties to submit their evidence and arguments and it appeared during the discussion that C C were prepared to reconsider a third corridor into Truro via Allett
  • Post meeting action
  • Once the Public session closed it was agreed amongst BETI members:
    • To garner support for the two Perranzabuloe NDP projects:
      • Feed back on the H E website should be given.
      • Political support be gained by working in conjunction with neighbouring C C councillor Adrian Harvey, who expressed post meeting support.
      • Political support also be gained via representation to the local MP Sarah Newton.
      • Meetings be requested with the C C officers and to be arranged via Guy Thomas.

  • H E online comment text submitted 09-03-18:

 

Response ID ANON-483E-G91K-Z

A30 Chiverton Cross to Carland Cross statutory consultation Submitted on 2018-03-09 15:04:24

6 Are you responding on behalf of an organisation?

Yes

If yes, which organisation?:

Perranzabuloe Parish Neighbourhood Development Plan – Steering Group

7 Do you have an interest in land that the proposals cross?

No

8 Can we make direct contact with you?

Yes

A30 Chiverton to Carland Cross

11 Do you have any comments on our proposals for the Chiverton junction to Chybucca section of the scheme? (A plan of the proposals in Section A can be found in the Consultation Booklet on pages 10-13).

Q11:

12 Do you have any comments on our proposals for the Chybucca junction to Zelah section of the scheme? (A plan of the proposals in Section B can be found in the Consultation Booklet on pages 14-17).

Q12:

On behalf of the Business, Employment, Transport and Infrastructure (BETI) group within the Perranzabuloe Neighbourhood Development Plan group we have the following observations:

– The Cornwall Plan allocates the need for over 25000 sq metres of B1 space in St Agnes and Perranporth CNA. We see limited opportunity to create employment land for industrial or logistical uses within near distance of the Carland Cross and Chiverton Cross intersections. We anticipate that there is more chance of creating employment land near the proposed Chybucca junction. Making a full east/west intersection at Chybucca would enable businesses reliant on heavy and or through traffic to service their needs or customers to locate there. This would also enable businesses inappropriately or poorly located elsewhere within the CNA to relocate to a more advantageous location.

– The existing businesses within short distance of the proposed Chybucca junction call for this junction to include feeder/slip roads from both the east and west. Currently it is planned to only have slip roads serving traffic coming from or to the west. This would also be a benefit for tourist and visitor traffic which is a vital part of the local economy.

– We are also keen to create a network of cycle tracks to compliment the excellent selection of footpaths we have in the locality. We ask, therefore, that consideration be made in the design and budget for the safe and easy passage of cyclists across the existing and proposed A30 trunk roads travelling from the expanding dormitory areas of Perranporth and Goonhavern towards Truro via Callestick/Marazanvose and Zelah.

– We understand that there is a budget for off site projects and those associated with the de-trunking of the existing A30. Moreover that it is a stated intention to encourage and facilitate through specific defined projects routes for cyclists/walkers/equestrian within the existing road network and new routes to complement the existing. We therefore request that design and budget provision be made to assist the creation of tracks suitable for traffic not best suited on narrow and fast lanes such as cyclists, joggers, walkers, riders from Perranporth to Newquay via Goonhavern and Perranporth to Truro via Goonhavern.

13 Do you have any comments on our proposals for the Zelah to Carland Cross junction section of the scheme? (A plan of the proposals in Section C can be found in the Consultation Booklet on pages 18-21).

Q13:

See answer to Q16

Preliminary environmental information

14 Do you have any comments on the Preliminary Environmental Information Report?

Q14:

No

Mitigation

15 Do you have any comments on the mitigation that we are proposing, or any other suggestions for mitigation?

Q15:

No

The existing A30

16 Do you have any comments on what will happen to the existing A30 after the new A30 is built? (Please note: although we won’t be doing these things as part of the new A30, we will pass any comments on to Cornwall Council).

Q16:

On behalf of the Business, Employment, Transport and Infrastructure (BETI) group within the Perranzabuloe Neighbourhood Development Plan group we have the following observations:

– With the creation of the new A30 there will we understand be an expected 70% reduction of traffic on the existing A30. This would create an opportunity to use what will be then a rather over specified road to reroute traffic from Chiverton Cross towards Newquay that currently passes through Goonhavern. This would require use of a road known locally as Scotland Road and which would require some improvement work including a bridge or improvement to the existing bridge over a dismantled railway track.

The benefits would be:
- Reduced travel time from Chiverton to Newquay
- A significantly safer traffic route including the existing intersections along the A3075
- The opportunity to create traffic calming in Goonhavern
- The reduction in pollution within residential areas
- The opportunity to create a safer traffic intersection at Cubert Cross
We request that the design work for the current A30 proposals anticipate and accommodate this altered local traffic network. Also that funds for the necessary pre studies, design and implementation works be allocated.

– We understand that there is a budget for off site projects and those associated with the de-trunking of the existing A30. Moreover that it is a stated intention to encourage and facilitate through specific defined projects routes for cyclists/walkers/equestrian within the existing road network and new routes to complement the existing. We therefore request that design and budget provision be made to assist the creation of tracks suitable for traffic not best suited on narrow and fast lanes such as cyclists, joggers, walkers, riders from Perranporth to Newquay via Goonhavern and Perranporth to Truro via Goonhavern.

Construction

17 Do you have anything you think we will need to consider as we develop our construction plans further?

Q17:

That traffic management will enable the free flow of traffic for through traffic road users during construction to prevent endless traffic jams. Also that attention is paid to the safety of users of the small road network because of the increase in traffic seeking to avoid construction hold ups.

18 Do you have any other comments on our proposals for the A30 Chiverton to Carland Cross scheme?

Q18:

No

19 How did you hear about this consultation? (Please choose all that apply)

Media articles, Leaflet through the post, Email, Word of mouth

Other (please specify)::

Close Menu
Top