Latest News

2018-01-09 Steering Group Meeting Agenda

Perranzabuloe Neighbourhood Plan

Steering Committee  Meeting  Tuesday 9th January 2018

7pm  Perranzabuloe Parish Offices

Proposed Agenda

  1. Attendance and Apologies
  2. Approval of Minutes of Meeting on 30th November 2017
  3. Matters arising
  4. Terms of Reference- acceptance of revised terms
  5. Creation of Focus groups
  6. Communication update
  7. Financial Matters
  8. Items for next meeting
  9. Date of meetings in February and March 2018

BETI Vision and Objectives

Vision:

To create an environment for a healthy, vibrant and thriving local economy serving the needs of all year round residents and visitors alike. Perranzabuloe will seek to attract and retain people and their families who can live, work and enjoy active leisure time in the locality.
Businesses including those within new technologies sectors will be attracted to establish and enlarge due to the provision of new infrastructure, a local labour pool and suitable premises.

Objectives:

2017 11 30 Steering Group Meeting Minutes

Click here for a PDF copy of the 2017 11 30 minutes

Any action points are in red.

Creating a Steering Group & starting the

Perranzabuloe Neighbourhood Development Plan (NDP)

Attendance

The Chairman, Rory Jenkins welcomed everybody to the meeting. He
repeated that this meeting was essentially for the Steering Group. However, it was open for all residents to attend and there would be opportunities for public participation.

It was agreed that all meetings should aim to close by 9pm.

A list of attendees is annexed to these minutes.

Apologies were received from Tony Reynolds and Kate Walsh.

Tony Reynolds has resigned from the Steering Group due to work pressure.

Approval of Minutes of Meeting dated 2nd November 2017

Proposed by Rory Jenkins, seconded by Jenny Barton and carried unanimously.

Matters arising from meeting dated 2nd November 2017

Will Rogers has submitted the application to Cornwall Council for ‘Designated Area Status’.

Steering Group Terms of Reference

Roger Kayes tabled draft ‘Terms of Reference’ for discussion. These were based upon Cornwall Council‘s ‘Steering Group Sample Terms of
Reference’. Main additional items added or altered by RK for the Perranzabuloe NP were:

  • Clarification of the role of the Parish Council in the process of plan
    preparation (Section 5)
  • Insertion of a sentence about voting out Office holders (Section 6)
  • Adding two points about handling minor expenses and pre-agreed
    expenditure of less than £50 paid by petty cash (Section 8)
  • Minor changes to Dissolution procedures (Section 10).

In the light of comments made by the Steering Group, Roger will amend the terms and a corrected version will be prepared for discussion at the next Steering Group meeting

Steering Group Tasks and Opportunities

Roger Kayes presented a set of slides, showing his perspective of what might be achieved in a PNP, in decreasing priority:

  1. The most important: Issues of planning policy that can influence
    decision making and subsequently become part of the ‘Development Plan’.
  2. Influence the allocation of Sn 106 monies, and CIL funds from 2019,
    once the NP is adopted by CC.
  3. Specific projects that could be progressed through the NP process,
    but which could not be implemented through adoption by CC.

The fourth category presented his perspective of what cannot be achieved through the NP, such as influencing the provision of an additional  school or surgery places.

Rory Jenkins summarised his understanding that Examiners in their Reports on submitted NPs tend to divide their content into two sections, namely those that the NP can possibly influence directly, and those on which it can have an indirect influence (e.g. service availability, schools and medical facilities).

Jinny Clark (St Agnes NP) reported that the Focus Groups that they adopted in their parish were:

  • Housing
  • Environment
  • Communication
  • BETI (Business, Employment, Transport & Infrastructure)

It was agreed that the initial names and content of the Perranzabuloe Focus Groups to be will be addressed further at the next SG meeting.

Communication

Robert Norrington presented his communication scheme including his proposed Logo, and parish map. Both were accepted in principle for use.
However slight amendments of the Logo were requested, and will be presented at the next SG meeting.

Nick Joy talked about wishes to send a flyer to all residents in the parish and suggested using the monthly advertising brochure as a ‘carrier’ – the leaflet would form a wrap-around . The producers of the brochure are prepared to print and distribute the flyer for £250. Considerable concern was expressed by members of the SG that the coverage of the parish is far more limited than claimed by the company. Residents in Bolingey, for example, and outlying areas do not receive it. It was agreed that alternative methods for distribution would be considered. RN estimated that the cost of printing and distribution for a single sheet will be below £500.

There was considerable discussion around the timing and content of the initial leaflet/communication, and whether – if a survey – how to make it easy for people to reply. Suggestions included using Freepost and encouraging replies through the website.

A proposal was made that RN and NJ should go ahead with preparation of a simple informative (not questionnaire) leaflet for consideration at the next meeting but this was dropped after a strong objection. It was left that RN and NJ would come to the next meeting with proposals for further  consideration.

A portable exhibition should be considered to take around the various areas of the Parish, as well as a permanent exhibition in the library.

Other Items raised and Items for next meeting

Nick Joy raised his interest in reaching people unable to attend these meetings, particularly in more distant parts of this large parish, by using FaceWatch. It was suggested that a limited, preliminary trial could take place at the next meeting.

Jenny Bowden and Kevin Havill supported the idea of creating a database for data that would be useful for many of the Focus Groups, and they agreed to take the lead in a Focus Group with a title such as Baseline Information.

There was discussion about the need to prepare a Project Plan and the idea of inviting Allan Clarke from St Agnes to come and talk about his work for their NP, and how they programmed the Project.

Items to discuss at the next meeting will include:

  • Formation of Focus Groups
  • First communication
  • Meetings around the Parish outside of Perranporth

Date of Next Steering Group Meetings.

Tuesday 9th January and Thursday 8th February, both at 7pm Parish
Council offices.

 


 

Appendix 1 – List of Attendees

Ashby-Zwozdiak
Chris Moore Jayne
Bowden Jenny
Wright Alison
Branch Janine
Shaw Dave
Callan Michael
Shaw Dee
Havill Kevin
Maynard Angela
Henwood Phillip
Hallworth Leslie
Jenkins Rory
Meyers Wendy
Kent Andy
Rogers William
Kent Ruth
Dutson Susan
Moore Phil
Kayes Roger
Norrington Robert
Joy Nick

Appendix 2  – Members of Steering Group as of 9th January 2018

Ashby-Zwozdiak
Chris Joy Nick
Bowden Jenny
Kayes Roger
Bown Andrew
Kent Andy
Branch Jamine
Moore Phil
Dutson Susan
Norrington Robert
Havill Kevin
Rogers William
Henwood Phillip

2017-11-30 Steering Group Agenda

The next meeting to progress our Neighbourhood Development Plan (NDP) will be at:

7pm on Thursday the 30th of November
at the Parish Council offices
(Budnick, Perranporth, TR6 0DB)

Since our last meeting there has been progress towards the next set of requirements for Perranzabuloe to have a Neighbourhood Development Plan (NDP). We want to firstly update everybody on the plans so as to get comments and suggestions and to confirm that the full Steering Group and everybody else who wishes to be involved agrees with the planned progress to date. This will then lead on to what we need to do next. Much of this is dependent on what the community wants and where a NDP can help this. This will be progressed at the next meeting.

Agenda

  1. Attendance and Apologies
  2. Approval of Minutes of Meeting on 2nd November 2017
  3. Matters arising
  4. Terms of Reference
  5. Steering Group Tasks and Opportunities (open discussion)
  6. Communication update
  7. Financial Matters
  8. Items for next meeting
  9. Date of meetings in January & February 2018

2017 11 02 Steering Group Meeting Minutes

Click here for a PDF copy of these 2017 11 02 meeting notes.

Any action points are in red.

Attendance

Listed below

Steering Committee

Listed below

Approval of Officers

Initially all attendees were invited to give a brief resume about themselves, after which the following people were appointed.

  • Chairman – Rory Jenkins
  • Vice Chairman – Jenny Bowden
  • Secretary – William Rogers
  • Financial Officer – Roger Kayes

The Parish Council representatives on the NP Steering Committee are Robert Norrington and William Rogers.

Financial

Funds will be held by the Parish Council.

It is understood that generally no expenses are payable to Steering Group members.

Grants are available from CCC as well as Lottery Funds.  It is believed that additional funds may be obtained  from the Community network Panel, as well as the Coastal Community Funds.  WR will investigate.

Terms of Reference for Steering Committee

A blank template for the Terms of Reference for the Steering Committee are being sent to members to be discussed at the next meeting.

WR to follow up.

External  Help

WR is liaising with Ginny Clark of St Agnes, in relation to the work that they have completed on their NP.

Communications

Communications for the Group will be managed by Robert Norrington.  Rory Jenkins will create the web site free of charge, and set up separate email accounts for the appointees.

The Facebook group for the Perranzabuloe Neighbourhood Plan will be updated by Rory so that all members Steering Group are ‘Administrators and moderators’.

Application to Cornwall Council for Designated Area Status

W.R will prepare the documentation for approval at the next Steering Meeting.

Preparation Work

All Steering Committee members are requested to read the following documents before the next meeting.  These will be sent electronically to all Steering Committee members:-

Date of Next Steering Committee Meeting

Thursday 30th November 7pm Parish Council offices.

This meeting is essentially for the Steering Committee.  However, it is open to all residents to attend, and there are opportunities for public participation.


Annexure 1 List of Attendees

  • Ashby-Zwozdiak Chris
  • Bowden Jenny
  • Branch Janine
  • Callam Michael
  • Clark Jack
  • Colam Karen
  • Havill Kevin
  • Henwood Phillip
  • Jenkins Rory
  • Joy Jenni
  • Joy Nick
  • Kent Andy
  • Kent Ruth
  • Mallett Mary
  • Maynard Angela
  • Meyers Wendy
  • Moore Phil
  • Norrington Robert
  • Reynolds Tony
  • Timms Matt
  • Tonkin Gill
  • Yeo Ken
  • Young Maxine

Annexure 2 Members of the Steering Committee

  • Ashby-Zwozdiak Chris
  • Bowden Jenny
  • Bown Andrew
  • Branch Jamine
  • Dutson Susan
  • Havill Kevin
  • Henwood Phillip
  • Joy Nick
  • Kayes Roger
  • Kent Andy
  • Moore Phil
  • Norrington Robert
  • Reynolds Tony
  • Rogers William

2017-10-12 Meeting Notes – Launching our Neighbourhood Development Plan

2017 10 12 at 19:00 at the Parish Council offices in Perranporth.

We’ve had our first meeting to get things going.

Great turn out, clever questions and lots of enthusiasm.

A great presentation from Guy Thomas at Cornwall Council on what we need to do and how he and his team can help us. Guy is going to send us a PDF copy of his presentation, that I’ll link to from here.

Thankyou to Parish Councillor William Rogers for sorting the meeting out and the Parish Council for the use of their meeting room and the time of the other Parish Councillors who attended.

Notes of questions raised at the Meeting 

Q:- What is the difference between the Steering group Member and an Implementation Group Member?
A::- The Steering Group manage the Process, whilst the Implementation Groups examine and report upon one or more of the technical issues that are to be addressed within the Neighbourhood Plan

Q::- What are the expenses involved with the NP?
A:- Where the knowledge on issues pertinent to the Steering or Implementation groups is not available within the Steering or Implementation groups, professional assistance will need to be hired.
It will be necessary to spend upon communication (e.g. printing and distribution of newsletters, running surveys etc.).

Q:- Do meetings need to be held in Parish Council Offices?
A:- No they can be held in any meeting places that are easy to get to by parishioners.

Q:- What is Cornwall’s obligation to build houses?
A:- Cornwall CC is tasked to construct a minimum of 57,000 homes between 2020-2030. Perranzabuloe parish is expected to construct 1,100, of which 560 are already completed. There is no legal pressure to build beyond the prescribed number. However, there is no legal power to stop building works after the quota has been reached.

Q:- Have any population demographic analysis been undertaken?
A:- Yes in the previously published Local Plan. This covered for example Income grades, migration from the parish, skills growth and single parents. Similarly infrastructure (roads, water, sewerage, electricity) was addressed, as well as the adequacy of schools and health services.
This work will form a starting platform from which the NP can build and can be upgraded and progressed.

Q:- Does a Neighbourhood Plan have ‘teeth’?
A:- The NP have to be by its nature an enabling and permissive legal document that can influence the development within the area. Two immediate examples of its effect are the guidance for design to be in character and keeping with the surrounding area (Roseland Peninsula), and the policy regarding second homes in St Ives.

Q:- Is it possible to build when the infrastructure is not in place?
A:- That is the case at present! However Parish councils lean upon the statutory authorities to provide the necessary infrastructure. Also services such as Doctor surgeries will be aware of the need for adequate services, and hopefully plan for the increased load.

Q:- How does data protection affect the Steering Group’s handling of information?
A:- This will be investigated. However the accreditation of the NP through the auspices of the Parish Council will provide clarity on this issue.

Q:- Will environmental issues be included in the NP?
A:- Yes.

Q:- How will the balance of the Steering group be agreed?
A:- That is a duty of the Community to decide.

Q:- Can a Steering Group development its own scheme?
A:- This is up to the Community to decide.

Q:- How long did St Ives take to prepare their NP?
A:- 2 Years.

Close Menu
Top