The Perranzabuloe NDP is now at Regulation 16 stage.
Cornwall Council have put out this message, which details how to comment on the proposed plan:
Notice of publication of the proposed Perranzabuloe Neighbourhood Development
REGULATION 16 – THE NEIGHBOURHOOD PLANNING (GENERAL) REGULATIONS 2012 AND THE LOCALISM ACT 2011
Proposal – Perranzabuloe Parish Neighbourhood Development Plan
Details – Perranzabuloe Parish Council has submitted its proposed Neighbourhood Development Plan to Cornwall Council for public consultation and independent examination. The plan area covers the parish of Perranzabuloe. The Neighbourhood Development Plan includes policies on housing, local green spaces, character, community facilities, transport, economy, parking and sustainability. Once made, these policies will be used to determine planning applications locally along with the Cornwall Local Plan.
Consultation on the submission (Regulation 16) version of the Neighbourhood Development Plan is taking place from Monday 23 October 2023 – Monday 11 December 2023 midnight. All representations received from this consultation will be made available to an independent examiner, appointed to examine the Neighbourhood Development Plan.
Where the plan can be inspected – Copies of the Perranzabuloe Parish Neighbourhood Plan and supporting documents are available to view on our website at Online planning register – Cornwall Council from today.
Documents will not be made available in other locations. If contributors are not able to access the documents on our website, please contact us at:
0300 1234 151
How to make comments – You can comment on the proposal on line at Online planning register – Cornwall Council using the reference PA23/00026/NDP or by post to Neighbourhood Planning, PO Box 676, Threemilestone, Truro, TRl 9EQ. Comments submitted via email will no longer be accepted.
All comments will be available for the public and applicant to view but we can’t respond to or acknowledge individual letters or submissions.
Notification – If you would like to be updated on the outcome of the referendum, please email neighbourhood email@example.com.
For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) if you wish to comment on a planning application you will be required to read and accept the Privacy Notice for representations (D) on the Council’s website Planning privacy notice – Cornwall Council together with the terms and conditions. The Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985 requires that such correspondence must be made available for inspection either by Councillors or members of the public (which may include the Press).
The Perranzabuloe NDP is entering stages 15 / 16.
Having reviewed comments on the pre-submission (Regulation 14) version of the Perranzabuloe NDP, the Steering Group (SG) made consequent changes. The Perranzabuloe parish council OK’d all the updated documents (Regulation 15) and they were then formally submited on to Cornwall Council for a Regulation 16 Consultation (see above). Cornwal Council confirmed they had everything on the 15th August 2023. This will be followed by Independent Examination and a parish referendum.
- Perranzabuloe Neighbourhood Development Plan (NDP), 2018-2030, Submission Version as a PDF.
- Appendix 1 – Policy Matrix (identifying links between policies and cross-cutting issues), as a PDF.
- Appendix 2 – Definitive Development Boundary Maps, 3 MB (these were previously called Settlement Boundary Maps*).
- Appendix 3 – Perranzabuloe Design Code, as a PDF .
- Appendix 4 – Perranporth Strategic Masterplan, as a PDF.
- Appendix 5 – Natural England (MAGIC) Designation and Habitat Mapping and Cornwall Council Mapping, as a PDF
- Appendix 6 – Cornwall Wildlife Trust Mapping (defined habitat and hedgerow areas of protection), as a PDF
- Appendix 7 – Landscapes of Local Significance (detailed maps), as a PDF.
- Appendix 8 – Settlement Gaps and Green Buffers (detailed site area maps), as a PDF.
- Appendix 9 – Local Green Space – detailed site areas and locations, as a PDF.
- Basic Conditions Statement, as a PDF.
- Consultation Statement, as a PDF.
The above documents will often reference Background Documents on the Documents page of this Website.
On the Documents page we suspect the files that most will focus on are the 2 recently updated:
- Principal Residence Policy in Perranporth area paper (Last updated 2023-06-16);
- Housing completions paper (Last updated 2023-06-02).
In relation to the consultation process that drove the changes to the documents from those at Regulation 14, the Consultation Feedback paper (PDF) that has all comments and the Steering Group responses. As per data protection personal details of individuals have been removed. The Consultation Feedback PDF references many documents sent to the Steering Group which are all in a Redacted responses ZIP (large, it’s 82 MB).
With the plan now entering “Stage 3” of scrutiny by Cornwall Council and an Independent Examiner, any further comments should be sent to them and not direct to the Steering Group.
* Following the Regulation 14 consultation, we were advised to amend the “Settlement Boundary” designation in name, to “Development Boundary” and the latter term is used in documents published after Regulation 14 consultation for Submission to Cornwall Council.
How we got here and what next?
- At the start of 2022, we sent a letter to all households in our parish and also contacted the Parish Council and Cornwall Council to comment on our DRAFT NDP. Our impression from direct comments from our Parish Council, Cornwall Council and the consultants we are using is that it has been well drafted such that only limited improvements were needed for the version that is the Pre-submission (Regulation 14) version.
- Post the Regulation 14 consultation that ran for 8 weeks from Friday the 22nd of April 2022 to Friday the 17th of June 2022, we started going through the comments received. The NDP preparation process requires the Steering Group to maintain and submit to the Examiner a compilation of comments submitted during consultation and the decisions the Steering Group take in response. Some of the comments have resulted in further changes to our NDP. This compilation of comments and decisions is now on this Website.
- The Plan is now going through “Regulation 15/16” (submission) consultation run by Cornwall Council, followed by an independent Examination and public referendum on whether or not the plan should be adopted by Cornwall Council for use in the planning system.
- The referendum will be in later this year (2023).
- All of the documents for this stage are on our, documents page.
What is a Neighbourhood Development Plan?
According to the gov.uk Website, a Neighbourhood Development Plan (NDP) “gives communities direct power to develop a shared vision for their neighbourhood and shape the development and growth of their local area. They are able to choose where they want new homes, shops and offices to be built, have their say on what those new buildings should look like and what infrastructure should be provided, and grant planning permission for the new buildings they want to see go ahead.”
It’s a consultative process to find out what our community wants and express this in a way to help our parish evolve as the community wants it to. Yes we have to fit in with national and local legislation but a NDP can and will impact the future of our area.
We believe that everybody should have their say and a chance to help this process – your voice, your choice.
We have a 14 member Steering Group and working groups for:
- Environment & Heritage
- Business, Employment, Transport and Infrastructure (BETI)