This is the page for the Housing and Open space Focus Group. The Focus Groups are where the detailed work gets done on specific, substantive, on-the-ground topics, as opposed to background organisation of the NDP team – the remit of the Steering Group.
Probably the key housing issue in the parish is the following: what could an NDP for Perranzabuloe aim to achieve in housing, especially in terms of controlling new large-scale housing developments in the parish? Click here for the thoughts of Roger Kayes, lead on housing, on this topic.
Topics the Focus Group is exploring:
- Information on the Community Infrastructure Levy and its relevance to the NDP
- The pros and cons of adopting a Second Homes policy, more accurately known as a Permanent Residence Policy (in process)
- Affordable Housing – key issues (in process)
- Open space – what is it, the significance of funding from housing developments and what could be achieved in an NDP (in process)
- SHLAA sites around Perranporth: what they are and their significance, available here.
- Does the controversial, June 2018 planning decision for Crantock mean that NDPs are useless – here.
Running documentation for the Focus Group on Housing and open space
- Exploratory topic Analysis for Housing and Open Space FG meeting January 29th 2019
- Potential themes for Housing and open space. Focus Group January 8th 2019
Agendas and Notes of meetings of the Housing Focus Group
These are available via this link.